MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does the size of the MyBB team say anything about how futureproof MyBB is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-02-05, 05:02 AM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-05, 04:42 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Considering MyBB has already existed for around 10 years, I'd say there's a good chance it will live on.
You know... I hope to be so because there are already many communities in different countries created on web domains with names directly related to MyBB.
Assuming that in one day, MyBB would cease to be developed, all these domains will probably be closed also, until they expire.
But in Romania, for example, if you build a community dedicated to MyBB, the domain name is reserved for life (not for 1-10 years) and... if you chose a name that has to do strictly with MyBB (and MyBB cease to be developed), than... this domain name can not be used for anything else.

About the size of staff... well... sometimes the size does not matter.
Wink

That's the power of open source. If a day comes when MyBB team decide to drop it, anyone can fork it and continue development (Ofcourse you can do it now too).

And Solidus's answer is the best of all.
(2012-02-05, 01:19 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]We're all a team, I just don't have a badge.
+1 solidus
I am impressed,we are team and we work for mybb too.
Mybb has potential to survive.
Without such support it cannot be chosen for best forum software since the past few years.
Pages: 1 2