MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reset all users password and send notification after migration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

I'm doing migration from asp.net forum (community server 2008.5) to mybb. The problem is I can not migrate current password to mybb so I think of way to reset all users password and send notification to them. I see the plugin https://github.com/wpillar/mybb-forcepasswordchange but it seems it does requires user to enter their current password (which they dont know as I will assign a default password for all users during the migration from sql server to mysql).

please help. Thanks.

Chii.
If you're setting a generic password then you can use the Mass Mail feature of MyBB, then use the above plugin to force them to change it.

See [Wiki: Admin_CP_Mass_Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

(2012-02-04, 01:26 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you're setting a generic password then you can use the Mass Mail feature of MyBB, then use the above plugin to force them to change it.

See [Wiki: Admin_CP_Mass_Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

I'm just afraid that someone may figure out the idea and try to change & steal other accounts