MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin/modules/config/plugins.php is badly errored!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to install a plugin that altered the plugins.php in the "admin/modules/config/plugins.php" directory, now the plugins page in the admin panel wont load. I copied fresh plugins.php code from mybb but it didn't fix anything.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/nato/public_html/admin/modules/config/plugins.php on line 12

This is the normal error I get. I made a full database backup prior to this but don't know if it would help or how to use it. Could someone instruct me on how to get my working original plugins.php back? Maybe a way to get it out of the database backup I made?
Remove the plugin files you uploaded from inc/plugins.
(2012-02-05, 07:34 AM)Natokill4 Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone instruct me on how to get my working original plugins.php back? Maybe a way to get it out of the database backup I made?

The database is nothing to do with it, files aren't stored in the database, they're files, they're stored in the filesystem. Upload a new copy of the file from a fresh download will fix it, if you've tried uploading a fresh copy already and it didn't fix it then it didn't replace the version you've currently got. Delete the version you currently have and upload the new copy again.

Was the plugin that altered ./admin/modules/config/plugins.php the Plugin Uploader plugin? As the file in there works fine so if it caused this error it probably just didn't upload fully...
(2012-02-05, 12:18 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-05, 07:34 AM)Natokill4 Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone instruct me on how to get my working original plugins.php back? Maybe a way to get it out of the database backup I made?

The database is nothing to do with it, files aren't stored in the database, they're files, they're stored in the filesystem. Upload a new copy of the file from a fresh download will fix it, if you've tried uploading a fresh copy already and it didn't fix it then it didn't replace the version you've currently got. Delete the version you currently have and upload the new copy again.

Was the plugin that altered ./admin/modules/config/plugins.php the Plugin Uploader plugin? As the file in there works fine so if it caused this error it probably just didn't upload fully...

I am copying and pasting the link below's contents to Notepad C++ then saving it as plugins.php and uploading it to the public_html and www folders. I get the same syntax error.

http://www.mybb.com/sourcedocs/nav.html?...s.php.html

Ive done that again and again to no resolve. It was the plugin uploader plugin that started all this and I must remove it because my hoster doesnt support .zip extracting as the plugin requires. Ive deleted all of thats plugins items too.
^ you have to use the required files from MyBB package (link available at Downloads page) ..
(2012-02-05, 05:19 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ you have to use the required files from MyBB package (link available at Downloads page) ..

it worked ty so much!
Why on earth were you trying to use the code from the sourcedocs page, no wonder you were having problems... Undecided Not sure how you even managed to find that easier than downloading MyBB again.