MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.3 to 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
URL is www.cogunowners.com/index.php
Upgrading from 1.6.3

Can not activate upgrade. Followed wiki instructions. Deleted the lock file in the install folder. When I go to activate upgrade I get a 500 internal Server Error. Text is as follows.

Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at www.cogunowners.com Port 80

ETA: I tried to restore forum from back up. phpMyAdmin will only import a text file. .gz file won't work.

Internal Server Error usually comes from your hosting, so you've to ask them to resolve.
Did you read the error?

500 is a generic error; it could be anything.
(2012-02-05, 11:24 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Did you read the error?

500 is a generic error; it could be anything.

The server log is empty.

This morning when I went to the URL a login box appeared. Text of box is:

Quote:Authentication required.

Login:
Password:

The server www.cogunowners.com:80 requires a username and password. The server says user backups.
^ if you do not know what it is, it appears to be set by your webhost !!
The host says there is nothing wrong on their end. They did say that the .htaccess file appears to be password protected. Are there any files I am supposed to mod when performing the upgrade? I didn't see any listed in the Wiki.