MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what is the file name of header and footer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all experts !
Can any body tell me about the header and footer file name?
for example public_html/index.php

i am not telling about the admin panel > templates > default templates.

i am telling about the exact file name.

thank you
almost all pages of the forum use evaluation code for showing header & footer templates .. eg. index.php , showthread.php , newreply.php ...
but ranjani, i have a previous backup of my website. and i want to get the code of footer. so where can i search the footer code?
templates are stored in database . if you have database backup then you can get the required footer template code .. lets wait for experts' guidance ..
There is no file that contains the templates. As ranjani mentioned, it is all stored in the DB, fetched, and eval'd within MyBB's code.

If I remember correctly, they should be in a table like mybb_templates or something like that.

Remember: mybb_ represents your actual table prefix, which may or may not be mybb_

Edit: missed the OP's second post. Was confused for a moment.

In regard to retrieving old code, get a backup, create a blank database in phpMyAdmin, and upload the SQL file. It will import all of those old tables. Find the aforementioned table earlier in this post. You should be able to find footer in there somewhere in that table.

Edit2: oh - remember to delete the DB you just uploaded the SQL to when you are done. It will save disk (yup, MySQL disk usually counts against your disk quota). It will also be a bit more secure that way because you don't have a random database floating around with info, whether current or old.
My stores templates in database and not in files. If you need the templates you can get them from database (although as GamerVoid said doing a restore is much better approach).

Browse mybb_templates (where mybb_ is your database prefix).

Find them in the following rows:
header_welcomeblock_guest
header_welcomeblock_member
header_welcomeblock_member_moderator
header_welcomeblock_member_admin