MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 Not Found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting the following error when I try to install myBB:

The requested URL /forum/install/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have tried re-uploading the files three times, and have changed all of the file permissions as needed. I am at a complete loss as to why the installation is not taking place when I go to the install link. Does any one have any insight?

Thanks!
Forum URL?
my site is www.homehorsetraining.com so I am using

http://www.homehorsetraining.com/forum/install/

I have a forum folder within the site root.
If it isn't found you simply haven't uploaded it to the right place. Double check the /forum/ dir is in the root.
Looking out at the remote server I can see the "forum" folder I created is directly under my domain, which is www.homehorsetraining.com. Does that sound correct? I have all of the myBB files in the forum folder and am directing my browser to www.homehorsetraining.com/forum/install/

I just got it to work, the "f" on forum should have been capitalized and it is working now. Guess I am giving myself an "f" on installing this. Thank you all so much for responding so quickly!
Sometimes it is the simplest mistake Wink Glad you got this resolved!
Off topic sorry, but I laughed really friggin' hard at the URL.

Good luck with your site though! Smile
It seems the /forum/ directory doesn't even exist.