MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem to Report Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today, I opened mybboard and look than have you the mybb 1.2 (Congratulations)

I discovered than to report a post, is using javascript, the which many browser dont support it, including for some Pop-up Blockers

I think is better idea open a new window to report a post using the property "target" and insted of a input text type is better use a textarea to explain the Why of the report

What you think about this?
Also the button to delete the post is using JavaScript, I think not is needed use JavaScrits for these buttons (Delete Post and Report Post)

The button to delete post have the JavaScript to show a window confirmation of the action, but I think can use this
The delete button needs Javascript to submit a "POST" form to delete the post, and also asks for confirmation to delete the post (prevents accidental deletion)
The people without JavaScript can use the following to delete post However not show the alert

<script>
	for(x=1; x <= <?php echo"$numberofmypostsinthisthread"?>; x = x+1) 
{
document.getElementById('respotimg'+x).href =''javascript:Thread.deletePost(<?php echo"numberof this post"?>);"; 
}
</script>

<a href="deletethispost.php" id="reportimg<?php echo"$numberofthepost">" >

Forgot the function to alert this function is to change the href element, by default, would delete the post

For "report posts" instead of use a Pop-Up, open a new window with the target atribute

Remember than in the template not going php tags, I just wrote it, because I am matching the PHP variables
I don't understand how you can execute additional Javascript if Javascript has been disabled in the first place?
Augustino Wrote:Also the button to delete the post is using JavaScript, I think not is needed use JavaScrits for these buttons (Delete Post and Report Post)

The button to delete post have the JavaScript to show a window confirmation of the action, but I think can use this

The delete button will not show if you don't have javascript enabled. Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Augustino Wrote:Also the button to delete the post is using JavaScript, I think not is needed use JavaScrits for these buttons (Delete Post and Report Post)

I turned of JavaScript, refreshed the page and the delete button was still there.
Chris Boulton Wrote:

Yeah the delete button still shows for me too, but the multiquote button does not Toungue
DennisTT Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:

Yeah the delete button still shows for me too, but the multiquote button does not Toungue
Same here Toungue
Belloman Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:

Same here Toungue
Same here too
Pages: 1 2