MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Convert vBulletin skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if anyone could convert a vBulletin theme to MyBB for me (for free). I'm talking about the default vBulletin 3.8 theme.

I know this is possible.

I don't really know if this is (still) allowed, but I heard people talking about it so I assume it is.

Don't worry, I'm not planning to use it publicly, I know vBulletin is copyrighted Wink I just want to see if this is possible at all, and what the result of it would be, and what the possibilities with it are.

Thanks in advance.
(2012-02-06, 07:22 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone could convert a vBulletin theme to MyBB for me (for free). I'm talking about the default vBulletin 3.8 theme.

I know this is possible.

I don't really know if this is (still) allowed, but I heard people talking about it so I assume it is.

Don't worry, I'm not planning to use it publicly, I know vBulletin is copyrighted Wink I just want to see if this is possible at all, and what the result of it would be, and what the possibilities with it are.

Thanks in advance.

I don't really think anyone would do a theme conversion for free, that you are not even going to use. Sad
(2012-02-07, 02:48 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-06, 07:22 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone could convert a vBulletin theme to MyBB for me (for free). I'm talking about the default vBulletin 3.8 theme.

I know this is possible.

Thanks in advance.

I don't really think anyone would do a theme conversion for free, that you are not even going to use. Sad

I will use it if it's allowed by law, and seeing from your post I assume it is. Of course I won't use the vBulletin images and icons, which would be logical.
^ No, it is not allowed by the Copy Rights law
(2012-02-07, 07:29 AM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]I will use it if it's allowed by law, and seeing from your post I assume it is. Of course I won't use the vBulletin images and icons, which would be logical.

Its not allowed. And what i said is, since you won't (and can't) use it, it would be waste of time for anyone to do it for free.
(2012-02-07, 08:34 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-07, 07:29 AM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]I will use it if it's allowed by law, and seeing from your post I assume it is. Of course I won't use the vBulletin images and icons, which would be logical.

Its not allowed. And what i said is, since you won't (and can't) use it, it would be waste of time for anyone to do it for free.

uhm, the copyright law applies to their images, icons, buttons, logo etc. not to the structure and look and grouping of their forum tables and templates.
(2012-02-07, 10:08 AM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]

uhm, the copyright law applies to their images, icons, buttons, logo etc. not to the structure and look and grouping of their forum tables and templates.

It applies to templates (code) too.
For old 1.4 version there is MybBulletin 2.7 which imitates the vBulletin Default Style (for 1.6.x there is none).Rewriting all mybb templates to match output on vb would take 2 or 3 weeks and i highly doubt that someone is going to do that for free.

Quote:It applies to templates (code) too.

HTML tags can't be copyrighted since they are in massive public use,vb conditionals and variables inside are difficult story.
(2012-02-07, 01:13 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-07, 10:08 AM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]

It applies to templates (code) too.

Of course it applies to code too, that's why it needs to be converted, so that there won't be any vBulletin code in the templates anymore, but MyBB code.
And I'm sure certain images are not copyrighted (anymore). For example, I'm using these as on- and offline indicators:

[Image: user_online.gif?t=1324210802]

[Image: user_offline.gif?t=1324210816]
(2012-02-07, 01:57 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]And I'm sure certain images are not copyrighted (anymore). For example, I'm using these as on- and offline indicators:

[Image: user_online.gif?t=1324210802]

[Image: user_offline.gif?t=1324210816]

What is copyrighted once stays copyrighted forever.There is no life span for copyrighted stuff.
Pages: 1 2