MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not seeing the "New Thread" Button even when registered
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have double checked all of the permissions and am still not finding a way to add the "new thread" button to my categories. I know I am missing something easy. Thanks for your help!
There isn't a new thread button in categories, only forums.
Okay, I guess I need to change the categories to forums. Thanks!
Rememebr this for next time

If your using Tabs your forums work like this

Tab
Category
Forum
(Sub Forums)

If your not using tabs then remove tab from the lsit

Remember to create a category with no parent forum and your forums parent as the catergory
(2012-02-06, 11:27 PM)mdecker1218 Wrote: [ -> ]I have double checked all of the permissions and am still not finding a way to add the "new thread" button to my categories. I know I am missing something easy. Thanks for your help!

I had the same problem and then I found it. It is located above and below the Forum or subforum, but unfortunately it can be missed. There is no sign (such as new thread or anything). It is a tiny grey area about 1/4 in wide * 1/8 in high.
I was ready to ask if there is a way to add a homemade button and how I can do it. If I can only find where that tiny grey area is located (which file(s))

Costas
(2012-03-18, 03:09 PM)costas100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-06, 11:27 PM)mdecker1218 Wrote: [ -> ]I have double checked all of the permissions and am still not finding a way to add the "new thread" button to my categories. I know I am missing something easy. Thanks for your help!

I had the same problem and then I found it. It is located above and below the Forum or subforum, but unfortunately it can be missed. There is no sign (such as new thread or anything). It is a tiny grey area about 1/4 in wide * 1/8 in high.
I was ready to ask if there is a way to add a homemade button and how I can do it. If I can only find where that tiny grey area is located (which file(s))

Costas

http://community.mybb.com/thread-113303.html