MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore from backup question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the upgrade got messed up and I want to restore.

I followed the instructions to restore through myPHPadmin. It won't accept the .gz file though. It wants a text file.

So is there a way I can make the .gz back up file work?
you may have to extract the gz file to actual sql file and use that for importing ... (try with winrar)
I downloaded 7-zip. Extracted .gzip into .sql file. Am trying that now to see if it works. The first try didn't go so well. I got an SQL error stating that a table already exists.
You need to import to an empty database.

Restoring might not be the best course of action though. What actually got messed up during the upgrade?
(2012-02-07, 03:53 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]You need to import to an empty database.

Restoring might not be the best course of action though. What actually got messed up during the upgrade?

Well at first the upgrade wouldn't run. Then I started getting internal 500 errors. I couldn't do anything. Contacted Host and they said they would look into it. Last night was able to run upgrade but it instead uploaded a fresh copy. Now the URL just displays a blank page.

What's your URL?

It sounds like you've run the install instead of upgrade.

If you want a staff member to take a look post your Admin, FTP and cPanel login details in the Private Inquiries forum.
uhg. Emptied database.

This is error I get when trying to install backup.

Quote:Error
SQL query:

-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 04th February 2012 at 17:14
-- -------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminlog (

uid INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ipaddress VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
dateline BIGINT( 30 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
module VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
action VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
data TEXT NOT NULL ,
KEY module ( module , action )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;

MySQL said:

#1050 - Table 'mybb_adminlog' already exists
(2012-02-07, 03:53 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]You need to import to an empty database.

If it's saying a table already exists then you're not importing to an empty database.
yeah for some reason it didn't clear it when I did it. Trying again.
Well I was able to get most of it back by installing a copy of 1.6.4, restoring data from back up and then running the 1.6.4 upgrade.

However, I did loose a bit of data and when viewing files in FTP Client they are not in proper order. The basic structure is the same but in each individual folder the files are not alphabetized and individual files are listed before folder files. Will this create a problem?