MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quote Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it would be a good idea to link to the quoted post as well as actually show the quoted text. It could be done so that where it says "Username Wrote:", "Username" is a link to the quoted post.

To my mind, this serves two main purposes:
Firstly, with the new multi-quote allowing you to quote from separate threads, you can easily see which thread the quoted text came from.
Secondly, if you quote a post in the same thread which was a few pages back, it makes it easy to find the quoted post.

In both cases it makes it easier to read the posts in their original context.

What do you think?
I think that would be a great idea, I don't see any reason why not Big Grin
Yes, I agree too, it should say "User Name Wrote" and the details rather than only XXX Wrote.
Oh, that would probably be better than just 'username wrote'. Hopefully it will be easy to code~
As it isnt in MyBB 1.2, it eaysy to make it, you make a code for the link or a new code for quote.
Glad to see people think it would be a good idea.

I guess it could also be made to link to a website if you put in a quote from a website (obliviously you would have to manually enter the website else we would be in MyNeuralNetworks territory).

For example where it says "Quote", "Quote" could be used as a link to a website.
i agree to something like this too
Jag100 Wrote:i agree to something like this too
Good, good. That makes 5 people
Six.. I like the idea alot. Smile
Yeah - I like this too.
Pages: 1 2