MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to assign a group number
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to assign a group number to a group I made in order to utilize the Minimum Post PM plugin by Yaldaram. I don't want new members to be able to use the PM or email system until a certain number of posts. I realize this plugin does not limit the email side but trying to tackle one issue at a time . .

The plugin asks for a group number (defaults shown)

[attachment=25461]

But I cannot assign a group number to some groups as far as I can tell . . .

[attachment=25462]
see responses at what are group id ..
Edit: Darn it ranjani... Smile you beat me to it again.

Hop into phpMyAdmin in your website cPanel. Navigate into the mybb_groups (or usergroups - I can't remember) table. Replace mybb_ with your actual prefix though. Once you have done that, find the group by its name in its DB row... The group number or ID is the number in the gid column in the table.
(2012-02-07, 03:33 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]see responses at what are group id ..

Do I download to my desktop for example, then upload to root with filezilla etc.? Like this?

[attachment=25463]

If this is correct what do you mean by "AND" run it?
^ yes, you can upload that simple file to forum root directory AND enter its url on your browser ( eg. forumURL/getgroups.php ) ..
Just hover over the group name in the ACP and it will show you the ID in the URL

eg ..../admin/index.php?module=user-groups&action=edit&gid=3

3 is the group ID.