MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply issue - new reply isn't actually shown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've found a slight issue with the quick reply feature after having modified my postbit templates. basically, when a user submits a quick reply, the spinner is shown then it disappears and nothing else happens. The post is actually inserted into the database, but the user has to refresh to see that it is there for some reason.

I'm using 1.6.5 and here's my modified postbit_classic template (I don't use the normal postbit template, but it works fine with quick reply anyway...)

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_visibility} margin-top: 0; border-top: 0;" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="tcat" width="20%" style="border-top: 0;">
			<span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span>
		</td>
		<td class="tcat" style="border-top: 0;">
			<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; border-right: 1px solid #2f2f2f;">
			<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
			{$post['useravatar']}
			<strong class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</strong><br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['groupimage']}
				{$post['user_details']}
				<br />
				{$post['onlinestatus']}
			</span>
		</td>
		<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top" style="border-left: 1px solid #000000; padding: 0;">
			<table width="100%" style="border-spacing: 0;">
				<tr>
					<td style="padding: 5px;">
						<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
							{$post['message']}
						</div>
						{$post['attachments']}
						<br />
					</td>
				</tr>
				{$post['signature']}
			</table>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" colspan="2" style="vertical-align: middle;">
			<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
				<tr valign="bottom">
					<td align="left"><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}{$post['iplogged']}</span></td>
					<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
				</tr>
			</table>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
Does showthread_quickreply template default ?
Nope. I modified it to show the editor rather than a plain text area. That isn't the problem though as the issue only arose after I edited the postbit.
URL? Toungue
Bumping this as this problem still exists. Both yaldaram and Paul have looked at the site so far.
Apologies euantor, I'll gladly help you for this issue but unfortunately my IP is not allowing me to enter there Sad
Yeah, I have no idea what's causing that Yaldaram. It's just one of the many other issues I need to look into I guess...
I believe I've now fixed this issue - I think it was caused by a minor edit I'd made to a plugin that caused an SQL error on quick reply only.