MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Terms of Service Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey MyBB, I'm getting better at making plugins, yay!

Terms of Service Page
This plugin, called Terms of Service Page, adds a new page for the terms of service, which is located at [mybbpath]/tos.php.

It is fully customizable in your admin CP settings through AdminCP > Configuration.

Installation instructions:
1. Upload contents of 'upload' folder to your server
2. Goto AdminCP > Plugins and activate 'Terms Of Service Page'
3. Configure settings in AdminCP > Configuration > Terms of Service Page Settings 4. Save Settings
5. Look at the page which is tos.php to see it (DONE!)

Previews:
http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/57...s_demo.png

http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/57...e_demo.png

Download:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/terms-of-service-page
Very nice , thanks for the hardwork for this community.
Great job man. Big Grin
This will be very helpful.

PM me on skype, I am having trouble installing a fav icon to EmpireMethod.com
Thanks and once again, GREAT WORK!
Great plugin, works perfectly, I added the translation to Brazilian Portuguese. XD.
Thanks for the feedback guys Smile
I've installed this mod and I get no link to the TOS page. Where is the link supposed to be? On one of the sample images it appears there is a link to the TOS page at the bottom of the page but I have no link at all to the TOS page. I triple checked that I installed the files in the correct folders and am at a loss. Help please.
(2012-02-13, 10:49 PM)mwforum Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed this mod and I get no link to the TOS page. Where is the link supposed to be? On one of the sample images it appears there is a link to the TOS page at the bottom of the page but I have no link at all to the TOS page. I triple checked that I installed the files in the correct folders and am at a loss. Help please.

The link is yourforumurl/tos.php as stated in the description
The link is not added for you.
Any further help just pm me.
This is a pretty pointless plugin, you can just do this. Copy, save it as tos.php, job done. Add whatever pages you want using this method.

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "global.php";

add_breadcrumb("TOS");
$title = "TOS";

$template .= '
<html>
{$headerinclude}
<head>
<title>'.$title.'</title>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<br/>
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6" border="0" class="tborder">
<tbody>
<td class="thead">TOS</td>
 <tr>
    <td class="tcat"><span class="smalltext"><strong>TOS</strong></span></td>
 </tr>

<tr class="trow1">
    <td>Content Here</td>
</tr>

<td class="tfoot" colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><strong>TOS</strong></span></td>
</tbody>
</table>
</body>
{$footer}
</html>
';
$template=str_replace("\'", "'", addslashes($template));
eval("\$tos=\"".$template."\";");
output_page($tos);
?>
There are quite a few "pointless" plugins floating around that the same result can be achieved by small template edits or adding a few lines of code. But I am sure some people that do not know how to perform these small modifications find them quite useful.

On one of my forums, I actually disabled 6 plugins by doing the edits manually.
The tos page, or any page for that matter can also be achieved by making use of the stock mybb help documents feature.