MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change button name, and message text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all. I am an absolute newbie in My BB, using it for a small group of ppl. Thanks plugin 3.9.1 installed, my problem is:

Simply changing the button name Thanks to Like
Changing the message below the post: Thanks given by: to Like given by

Since I like the way this plugin works, figured i should just change the text.

Where to change it? Should i load the new gif for the button? And where to change the text?

Tnx in advance

If you've installed this: http://mods.mybb.com/view/thank-you-like-system then just login to your AdminCP > Configurations > Thank You like system > and in "Thank You or Like" select "Use Like".

No need to change the language phrases.
Tnx for such a quick reply!!

Yes, i am aware of the like plugin, however, it sends u to a page confirming you liked, so it kinda takes a while, while with the thanks plugin, it just does it immediately and also writes the comment immediately, with no loading screen. I figured its much easier to change phrases in Thanks plugin than to stop him going to another info page in like plugin. (not a php, java programmer, did only C++ in my life). Hm?

Tnx again!
Can you link to the plugin you're using?
(2012-02-08, 10:50 AM)Zile Wrote: [ -> ]Tnx for such a quick reply!!

Yes, i am aware of the like plugin, however, it sends u to a page confirming you liked, so it kinda takes a while, while with the thanks plugin, it just does it immediately and also writes the comment immediately, with no loading screen. I figured its much easier to change phrases in Thanks plugin than to stop him going to another info page in like plugin. (not a php, java programmer, did only C++ in my life). Hm?

Tnx again!

Funny that as i have the mentiond plugin installed and i just liked a post and all i got was the loading image you get when you make a reply
(2012-02-08, 11:02 AM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]Can you link to the plugin you're using?

Here you go: http://mods.mybb.com/view/thanks
I changed the language text, just gonna see if the new button is calibrated properly, think it is. I took the gifs from thankyoulike plugin, put it in images, and changed the tnx.php and all places where postbit_tnx.gif used to be.

Is the order of images continuous, or do i have to measure and manually type all dimensions?
Since you're initially using a different plugin, so now its better to change the language phrases. You've to manually change the language phrases inside the ./inc/languages/english/thx.lang.php

Change every occurrence of thanks and Thanks to likes and Likes.
(2012-02-08, 01:19 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Since you're initially using a different plugin, so now its better to change the language phrases. You've to manually change the language phrases inside the ./inc/languages/english/thx.lang.php

Change every occurrence of thanks and Thanks to likes and Likes.

All good, did just that, inserted the buttons, changed their names, Works like a charm. Thanks for the help, much appreciated !!!