MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. forum Store
On my original forum hosted through forumotion, I had something called "Alberto's Store" where i had various things members could "buy" with their money/points. i.e. username changes, custom ranks, special profile stuff, etc. etc.

Now that I am with mybb how do i set this up?
the way they got money/points was simply through posting. Depending on which forum they posted in they would get a certain amount of points to use towards store purchases

2. Extended Age Limit
For whatever reason(my site is geared towards teens) my members like to add crazy ages when they edit their profile and make themselves 104 or 209.

How can i extend the age limit?

3. How do i remove the ability for members to change their username OR custom ranks?

That is stuff i'd rather them buy through the store idea i mention in #1

4. How can i stop redirects?

FOr instance whenever I post here, there is a redirect page and it loads and then it comes back to the forum.

How do i stop it on my forum? I know on mybbcentral.net whenever someone posts it just posts the message without actually redirecting.

Thanks guys Big Grin
1. see NewPoints plugin 2. not sure what is required

3. edit groups and set required permissions
admin panel --> users & groups --> groups --> edit user group (you have to edit all groups one by one) --> Users and Permissions
--> Can change username? AND Can use custom user titles?

4. admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> Server and Optimization Options --> Friendly Redirection Pages --> select OFF & save settings
the age she wants to put herself as is 300 lol
Is there away to extend the max age?
simple method is to remove default birth date & age dispaly on user profile AND use a custom profile field to show the required age field !!