MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML PM Coding - Help, Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I will try to explain this clearly.

So: I am coding an application form if someone wants to become a Staff member. I have a button at the end of the form to submit it. The button redirects them to "/private.php?action=send".

My question is: How can I have a recipient and text in the Body of the Private Message already there when they click the Submit button?

I know this can be done on a free host site, since I have done it, but I am trying to manipulate the HTML to work on myBB in the same way. On the free host I used, there was a JavaScript code to fill in the boxes when you clicked the Submit button. How can I do this on myBB? Thanks.

Edit: Another thought I had was uploading a script to my root that places the text in the boxes for you, then somehow open the script when the button is clicked. If that is possible...
PM send button's code can be like this (%20 is html code for space & uid=1 is used for sending PM to main admin)
forumURL/private.php?action=send&uid=1&subject=want%20to%20join%20staff
Does that work for the "Message" field too?

Edit: I got it to work for message field too, but how do I do a line break in an address bar? (Like that %20 thing?)
Edit2: Too slow. Figured it out.
^ as you got it , &message=something works with that code ; however for making a new line it might need java script ..
not sure that such code works as text area doesn't have html & java script parsing .. lets wait for an expert to guide with it ..

P.S. Edit : let us know how you have achieved it ..