MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: will I be able to upgrade from myBB 1605 to 1606 & keep custom theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey ^_^ I'm busy writing my own theme for a myBB 1605 on a wamp server, but a while back I saw that myBB 1606 was 91% complete or something like that.

1. rad ^_^
  2. will my theme stay the same when I upgrade, cuz I'm putting a lot in to it & I don't want to see that go to waste!!
  3. should I wait for myBB 1606 to come out first, or can I carry on what I'm doing??

Thanks so much for helping!! Big Grin
I wouldnt have thought that upgrading will cause you any issues.
I have used themes on 1.6 made for 1.4 in the past and none or minor issues.

Just keep a backup of your work. I learnt that today Sad
(2012-02-09, 07:43 AM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldnt have thought that upgrading will cause you any issues.
I have used themes on 1.6 made for 1.4 in the past and none or minor issues.

Just keep a backup of your work. I learnt that today Sad
Yeah, no doubt!! I learned that too ^_^ Thank you very much for the totally rad reply!!
Has anyone else had experience with this??
I don't think there are any template changes within the theme that will have any bad effect. If anything, there'll be some minor changes that you'll need to fix but even then I highly doubt it.
When you upgrade, we don't change your theme. But it's up to you to update the templates that have changed in your theme.

You can do this by visiting the Find Updated Templates tab in the Admin Control Panel (ACP), which produces a list of templates that have changed.
awesome ^_^ thanks you!!