MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replaced the <strong> & <em> with <span>. Will I have to do it over when I upgrade??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya Smile i hope this is in the right category. I think this is more of a support q than a theming q, so here goes:

I'm just nearly done replacing all the <strong> & <em> tags in the html (templates) with a <span class="(relative to template category)"> & then some css to make it bold or italic. It's been a lot of work!! I would like to know if i'll have to do it all over again when i upgrade to 1606??

Thanks for the help!! Big Grin
you do not have to redo it !! just as a precaution, you may take a backup of the theme (with templates included) ..
@ranjani Super thanks!! ^_^ How should I go about making a backup?? Should I just make a backup of the whole "www" folder or what??
admin panel --> themes --> your theme --> click on options button --> Export Theme -->
Include customized items only? <-- select No
Include templates in the export as well? <-- select Yes

click on export theme button to save the xml file (use file name like 2012-month-date_themename.xml) & keep it safe
@ranjani Ha!! Awesome ^_^ I did what you said & saved the *.xml straight to my dropbox!! Thanks so much!! I just finished replacing all the <strong> & <em> tags with a <span class="*blah blah*"> & some css to make it bold or italic!! it was a mission deluxe!!

myBB devs, please, would you do this in a future release, having to deal with all those <strong> & a few <em> tags is horrible!!