MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Notification about new members - Message is empty.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Today I updated to version 1.6.6 of MyBB, and I also updated to version 2.1.0 of Email Notification about new members.

I still get messages, but they are empty.

How can I configure the content of the messages?

Thanks,
Christian.
Can you please take a screenshot of your settings page and attach here?
Hi Yaldaram!

Which settings page do you mean? For this plugin there are only two settings: enable ord disable, and which e-mail-adress.

As I wrote: I get an empty e-mail. There is no subject, and no body. I saw in the changelog (http://mods.mybb.com/change-log/email-about-new-members), that there is a new option 'added own mail text setting'...

Greetings,
Christian.
Oh, I have an other problem. I did only copy the new php file over the old one. Now I deaktivated the plugin, and if I try to aktivate it, i get the following error:

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error: 1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'gid' at row 1 Query: INSERT INTO mybb_settinggroups (gid,name,title,description,disporder,isdefault) VALUES ('NULL','emailonreg','Email about new members','','50','no')
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Christian.
Actually there are not just 2 settings, you either modified or deleted the settings.

Deactivate the plugin, re-upload the fresh plugin file and then re-activate the plugin.
Hi Yaldaram!

I found the solution, it was the same as with the old plugin:

1. deactivate the plugin

2. copy the new php over the old one

3. delete all lines with "gid" => "NULL", and with "sid" => "NULL", in the php file

4. change the value of isdefault from "no" to "0" in the php file

5. active the module

6. now there are 4 settings for this module: only activate and the correct e-mail must be set...

NOW EVERYTHING WORKS FINE...

Thanks,
Christian.
This plugin won't activate at all for me. I'm using version 1.6.6 of myBB, and version 2.1.0 of the "Email Admin about new members" plugin. Looks like the compatibility setting has been changed in the plugin already. I get a sql error everytime I try to activate it:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Place. User Information User-ID: %uid Username: %username Emailadresse: %ma' at line 3
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_settings (sid,name,title,description,optionscode,value,disporder,gid) VALUES ('NULL','emailonreg_emailtext','Message','The text which should be send to the administrator.
You can use the following placeholders: %bburl %bbname %username %ip %uid %mailadress %date %referrer','textarea','A new member has registered at Dasher's Place. User Information User-ID: %uid Username: %username Emailadresse: %mailadress IP-Adresse: %ip ','3','27')

Does anyone have this plugin working and can tell me how to get it to activate? Thanks kindly for your help.
Disregard... I solved my own problem. Apparently it didn't like the apostrophe in the title of my forum. Works fine now!
Hallo,

I'm using myBB1.6 with postgres.

I had also problems activating the plugin.
Deleting the gid and sid lines and changing no to 0 as mentioned above helped me through activation.

But there where 0 settings for this plugin.

I found out that all settings where inserted into the database with gid = 0.

So put my hands on the database using psql.

I selected the gid of the plugin from mybb_settinggroups and updated mybb_settings to this gid where gid was 0.

Now i see the 4 settings for that plugin and everything works fine