MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 1203 error msg?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have ran into a slight problem. I am using empirehostings.com as my Host on their legendary plan and they have been such a great help and have helped me out greatly and I am actually contacting them about this issue as well but i wanted to know what exactly does this mean

[Image: icijdk.png]

I recently had Ajax chat installed(and I know it is a bandwidth hog) so this issue only started happening after I installed the chatbox(Which empire hostings helped set up, GREAT COMPANY! THANKS AGAIN)

It happened twice over a span of like 3 or 4 hours when i was online with about 3-4 other people in the chatroom.

It happened once this morning when 2 of my members were in the chatroom.
The problem doesn't last long. Only for a few minutes and then it goes back to normal.

I just worry that when I migrate my members from my old site to my new site, that it may become a bigger issue.

The Old Forum has:
1075 members(No more than 40 people online at once though....Most users online was 100 members twice)
27,000 Posts
1,000 topics

It took us 4 months to get that and I don't expect those stats right away just yet but I wanted to know if there is something I can do. I've googled.

I heard it is a mybb issue, I heard it is a hosting issue and everything in between. I read that i need a VPS or Dedicated server and I also read that it isn't a big issue and I don't need VPS Or dedicated server.

Currently I am online right now with 8 members total and it hasn't happened yet and this is the most we've had online since installing ajax.On the old site there would be at most 10-15 people on chat.

Also,
1) How do I remove features like whispering and the private channels?
2) How do I view past chat logs in Ajax chat?
3) How do you add more smilies
4) How do you set a refresh rate? I think right now it is instant...

Thanks!

Also, is it necessary to upgrade 1.6.6?
It's a host issue. You either need to uninstall the chat, or get your host to increase the max_user_connections value. I'd recommend going with the latter first.

And yes, it's highly recommended to upgrade to MyBB 1.6.6.
Okay thanks Toungue