MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add more pages (Please Read)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to know how to add more pages like what MyBB has for any theme. What I mean is how at the top they have Home, About, Features and so on. Is there an easy mod or plugin to use or do I have to manually make them? I am not a very good programmer. So any help will do. Thank you. Or if someone can tell me where to go to learn how that would help as well.
download the plugin called page manager, download it via google and fill in at google, page manager mybb download, there you can add every page for your mybb website.
you must put the map into the map called plugins via your ftp!

When you did that go to Configuration in your admin and click plugins in the box of the left side, install page manager.

now you will see the page manager somewhere on the left side of your site, just click it and now you can make webpages.

for example:

Click Add New Page:

on name you will maybe do for example to see if it works:
helpdesk contact

URI parameter:
helpdesksupport

Use MyBB Template?
YES

and in the content section your html.

Show in "Who is Online"?
No

Page enabled?
Yes

click on save.

your page is created.
when your page is done it should be called "misc.php?page=helpdesksupport".

Change the menubar

Go to Templates and Style
Click Templates and click on the template what you use now for the moment.

go to Header Templates and then Header you will see now some code, the easy thing to delete is the menu thing.

look mine and you will see what i mean:
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">Forum</a></li></li>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=servers">Servers</a></li>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=rules">Rules</a></li>					
                                        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=members">Members</a></li>
                                        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/donate.php">Donations</a></li>	
                                        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=downloads">Downloads</a></li>	
                                        <li><a href="/shop">Merchandise</a></li>	
                                        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">Search</a></li>	
                                        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=links">Links</a></li>	
                                        <li><a href="/helpdesk/">Contact</a></li>
when you add it just save it and bam your website is customized and working Smile

Thank you man this is a life saver. Bookmarking this page.
np i had the same problem before Smile thats why i know how it works, cause im creating each month a new page for my community Smile
the only issue im now working on is a Drop Down Menu