MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB merge with MyBB layout gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I managed to get a phpbb3 backup to work on a test forum (MYBB).
The only thing that was a bit lessed up where the threads and posts (they didnt show), I just made some new categories and moved the threads there.
When I browse my testforum, all works for what I know. Posts show correct etc.

Now, what I did next, is merging my testforum with my main forum.

- I have a newly installed MyBB forum on that
- I do the merge thing, fill in MyBB merge, connect to the database of my testforum, all good so far. I see the options, go trhough the main ones, and they pass ( threads, posts, users etc all pass - some options give a white page, like calendar and pm's)

- So I pass that merge thing, go to my new main board, do the table rebuilding, go to the main page... And my layout is gone.
The posts are there, threads are there but there is no layout.

Am I missing a step somewhere? i tried rebuilding the tables several times, and do hit ctrl-F5 on refreshing.
What do you mean the layout is gone? What's your URL?
I dont want to give my url in public, but here's a screenshot if that helps
The top is my Firefox tabs ofcourse.

[Image: th_899664363_mybbforumlayoutgone_122_387lo.JPG]

Dude nevermind, it works!

The path in the config was set to the old forum, I changed it to the current url and it works!

For future reference, you didn't need to do the new category/moving stuff you did. You just needed to run Recount & Rebuild in the ACP.
(2012-02-12, 06:13 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]For future reference, you didn't need to do the new category/moving stuff you did. You just needed to run Recount & Rebuild in the ACP.

Just as a reply, I did that several times but they still didnt show up - Do note, this was from PHPbb to MyBB.. The last convert I mentioned (with the layout) was MyBB merge.
What board you merged from shouldn't be an issue, unless something is broken. But I've been finding a lot of not so nice issues with phpBB3 so that could be it.