MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new mysql user for every forum user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm looking for a forum software that automates the creation of a mysql user for every forum user so the people can use the db with the credentials used for the forum.
The problem I've found is the hashing of the password because mysql does not use salt, I'm trying to find a forum which hashes user password the same way as mysql so I can simply copy the hash into the user table of mysql and I'll realize what I want.
Can mybb do that?
Honestly I don't think any forum software does that. What you're requesting is quite peculiar.
Hi ilcischi,
Easy to do if you just dive right in.

(2012-02-11, 10:35 PM)ilcischi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm looking for a forum software that automates the creation of a mysql user for every forum user so the people...
Can mybb do that?

Obviously you would be allowing (I assume), PHP to use the system($command); function on this 'liberal' server? Toungue

For New accounts: When you allow a new account to register, there are various ways to control who signs up, (or create the accounts yourself) you have their plain text password (just for a split second while the script is running, exact details, and the plugin hook you need, are "in the code, member.php or a similar file") /
  • Just write a small plugin which grabs the password and users a system($command); to execute the code to create your MySQL user.

Existing Accounts
Almost the same as above, but you grab the password the first time someone logs in.

#
'Excess' details:
You could even (for example) make a "custom" column in the mybb_users table (ie 'mysql_done') which simply records that they are all set, so the next time they log in you skip the account creation.

ps. PM me if you want this done for a reasonable price, I could use a few interesting new projects.

Did you ask this on Vbulletin's forum as well?
Ok thanks for the hint, I'll try to figure out how to do that, I'm posting a bit everywhere Smile