MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: embeding "login area" into another CMS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1379a31e4924c68fb689c8af80120c19.png]
Is it possible to embed Contents of red oval in the picture into another CMS as in WordPress?

2. Is it possible to change whitin search field codes of WordPress to search our forum instead of its WordPress?
1a) Use an iFrame = Pretty easy
1b) Actual integration = Deal w/ sessions, code conflicts, cookies, SSO == Not easy, but a worthwhile challenge if you have the time.

2. Yes...
...the hardest part, for me, would be finding the time to do it, since I've never spent much time modifying Wpress.
(2012-02-12, 10:28 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]1a) Use an iFrame = Pretty easy
which address should I write in front of "src"?
<iframe src="which address?" name="User Area" align="left" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" height="50px" width="800px"></iframe>

Quote:1b) Actual integration = Deal w/ sessions, code conflicts, cookies, SSO == Not easy, but a worthwhile challenge if you have the time.
=> http://community.mybb.com/thread-110273.html

Quote:2. Yes...
...the hardest part, for me, would be finding the time to do it
Clue? plz

Quote:since I've never spent much time modifying Wpress.
I said Wpress as an example. How about Joomla?
Sad
UP

<iframe src="which address?" name="User Area" align="left" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" height="50px" width="800px"></iframe>
basic code can be like this (this is just a quick code)
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "./global.php";
echo $headerinclude;
echo ' <div id="container">';
echo '<div id="panel">';
echo $welcomeblock;
echo '</div>';
echo '</div>';
?>

make a php file in forum root with code similar to above and run it ...

search form for MyBB forum can be easily added on any external page ... add search file path in the form
<form method="post" action="YOURforumURL/search.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="keywords" size="13" maxlength="250" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="Search" />
</form>
(2012-02-20, 08:53 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]make a php file in forum root with code similar to above and run it ...
after creating that php file, I should use IFRAME, Yes?

(2012-02-20, 08:53 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]basic code can be like this (this is just a quick code)
make a php file in forum root with code similar to above and run it ...
+1
Fabulous; Thanks Mr/Miss "ranjani".
And how about full header part(attached pic)? If I want to use header area into another CMS, What's the right code?

ranjani Wrote:
<form method="post" action="YOURforumURL/search.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="keywords" size="13" maxlength="250" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="Search" />
</form>
GREAT!
^ you can use iframe OR php include - depends on how you implement it .. for html code its easy to add iframe & for php code include file ..

if you use $header ( that is, echo $header; ) then that includes the all elements from header ; see this for example

however , efficient method would be to use MyBB's template system and get required display (eg.1 & eg.2)

Hi Ranjani,,

I use your code
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "./global.php";
echo $headerinclude;
echo ' <div id="container">';
echo '<div id="panel">';
echo $welcomeblock;
echo '</div>';
echo '</div>';
?>
and got error like this , i renamed to int.php :
Fatal error: Call to undefined function phpdefine() in /home/myfolder/public_html/forum/int.php on line 1

whats wrong?
^Me too im having this problem with wordpress anyone know how to go about resolving this??...

In my wordpress php page file i get path not found.. i tried to set it.. but then even the cms.php it says cant find global.php... the forum is under /Forum/ and wordpress stuff under /wp-content/...