MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Omg, I've tried this literally 20 times and it didn't work. I'm at the MyBB installation at the Database Configuration.

Database Server Hostname:
Database Username:
Database Password:
Database Name:

I placed the correct information, and I made SURE of that. I even moved them around with the Username and Database name, and it keeps giving me this:

Quote:Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.
Your details obviously aren't correct. What host are you using?
(2012-02-12, 04:36 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Your details obviously aren't correct. What host are you using?

I just moved to playitinschoolhosting.tk to try it out. And YES, they ARE correct! I can show you! >:[ I've done this before.
There's no need for the language or attitude.

Are you sure Database Server Hostname is actually localhost?
They're obviously not correct if the installer's saying they're wrong. Maybe you haven't given the MySQL user enough permissions to access the database if you're adamant that the connection details are correct?
(2012-02-12, 04:51 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]There's no need for the language or attitude.

Are you sure Database Server Hostname is actually localhost?

Well, I left it as localhost. I'm not sure if it is or not :\. It usually works like that on other hosts.
Your host should have provided details about the MySQL connection. Looking at your host though, they seem to be a free host (who can't even afford to buy a real domain either). I'd honestly advise that you upgrade to a reputable host or else you'll likely face nothing but problems in the future.
What euantor said. You're with a crap host, and your problems are only gonna get worse.
(2012-02-12, 07:28 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Your host should have provided details about the MySQL connection. Looking at your host though, they seem to be a free host (who can't even afford to buy a real domain either). I'd honestly advise that you upgrade to a reputable host or else you'll likely face nothing but problems in the future.

Thank you, I'll do that.