MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to get past /install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, thanks in advance for the support. Communities like this are great. Now to my problem:

I uploaded files to the root folder of my domain using FillZilla. I renamed the config.php, edited all the permissions for the files and folders, then proceeded to point my browser to:

http://www.mydomain.com/mybb/install
No luck, so I tried /install/index.php
Still nothing would happen.

I checked my file manager on my host and all the files were there. I thought maybe a file got corrupted during my upload so I deleted everything and re-uploaded the files. Edited permissions and then tried to install. Still no luck, just a generic browser error message.
I then decided to edit the /install folder permissions to 777 and the files to 666.
Now when I navigate to the page it just appears as a blank white screen. Could it be the original download was corrupted?
Also, the default.config.php that you change to config.php, is that supposed to be 0 bytes?

Thanks again for your time. Let me know what else you need to know.

-Doc
HI DocBatman ...

I am brand new here .. but .. I just had the same problem yesterday. MY problem was my host was running ver 5.0.9 (of php) .. and the software needed at least 5.1.0

Ranjani (on here) figured it out right away ...

I called my host .. and they updated it right away .. it only took 10secs

Hope this helps you.

Mike
config.default.php file is empty file . required settings are added to it during installation . BUT manual renaming of file name is not required ..
(2012-02-12, 06:28 PM)mike_in_sd Wrote: [ -> ]HI DocBatman ...

I am brand new here .. but .. I just had the same problem yesterday. MY problem was my host was running ver 5.0.9 (of php) .. and the software needed at least 5.1.0

Ranjani (on here) figured it out right away ...

I called my host .. and they updated it right away .. it only took 10secs

Hope this helps you.

Mike

That might be it. Checking...
Nope, I am running PHP version 5.2.17
i can access the install pages on your site no problem even upto the database config page.
it appears that the installation wizard is working now ..
ensure that you have all files uploaded & keep database details ready for installation .. AND start the installing process
Yep, working for me now too. I wonder if when I contacted my host they updated my php before they replied. Well, thanks guys. Can't wait to get myBB going!