MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quite a few issues I am having
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Part of the issuses are my fault...I did something this morning on my forum that sort of messed up and I managed to somehow mess up the forum...Now no one can

1) View Ips
2) Make stickies
3) Make Annoucements

Is there a way to fix this???

The other issue I have is a complaint from my members and I am a bit disappointed to notice that Mybb doesn't have this by default in the forum software(Forgive my ignorance if you do)

1. BBC codes(Bold, Italics, strike thru, etc).
I see there is some options for some on my forum but my members want them all...apparently there is more than I am aware of.

2. I run an RPG site so this is a big one.....

Whenever they are participating in RPG(Roleplaying games) the posts are fast...they post back to back and sometimes they post all at once.

On our old site on forumotion.com, whenever someone had posted before you posted it would let you know so you can edit your post accordingly

However in Mybb, there is no option. It doesn't alert you so then they have to go back and do it all over again and it becomes a hassle.

I saw a plug-in called while you were typing but it doesn't work and it has mixed reviews.
in general, first 3 are related to group permissions

BB codes are available in MyBB - they should be turned ON by default ...

there is no alert when someone posts while we were composing - we have to adjust to it until there is a way ..
( I'll try to check the referred plugin in a few days ... )
No the Group permission thing isnt the problem.
They were able to sticky thread, make announcements and all that BEFORe this morning when i accidentally deleted something

Now when they try to view ip they get an error msg, something about global.php
i cant remember verbatim

and even I can't make stickies/annoucements and I am the owner.
They show in the Panel but they don't show on the forum
What's the actual error you get?

It's impossible to help with such vague information.
Warning: require_once(../global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fearthef/public_html/moder​ation.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/u​sr/local/lib/php') in /home/fearthef/public_html/moder​ation.php on line 15
^ ensure that you have global.php file in forum root folder (where forum's index.php exists) AND it is readable (CHMOD 644) ..

also run file verification tool from tools & maintenance section of admin panel to check for changed / corrupt & missing files ...
Reupload ./global.php

Then go to ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> File Verification

Do any files show in red there?
yes quite a bit show red...what do i do next?
Reupload all the files that show in red.
Still having issues and it is not working to allow me, the owner, to make the annoucements

nor can my mods view IPs

if i upload and reinstall Mybb again will it delete my posts on my forum?
is there a way i could give you access to t?
Anyone?
Pages: 1 2