MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Advanced Editor on Reply Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I recently switched to the Novus 2 theme and since then I have not had an advanced editor on the "New Reply/Thread" page. There are no editing tools at all.

I've gotten a little out of touch with this portion of editing and wondered if there is a simple solution I'm just not thinking of?

The URL is www.planetarysanctum.com, and here's a screenshot.

[Image: 7hyjF.png]
This is usually caused by a conflict between jQuery and Prototype and I see you do have jQuery on your site.

http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/

If that doesn't solve it please provide a test account so we take a look at the newreply page.
Where is the best place to insert the no conflict script?
EDIT: I added it to the respective templates and it seems to have effected the posting interface for normal members, but not for me as the admin. Why would this be happening?
add jQuery no conflict code just after jQuery loading (may be in headerinclude template)
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

if you find that admins still have the issue then
post a temporary admin account in private inquiries section & request support staff to check it ..
That area of this forum states it's only for use if the issue is a concern of the MyBB community forum, and not for my own forum's support.

At any rate, I'm still having this problem and have double-checked with a member account. Members can now use the post editor (half of the problem solved), but it's still missing for admins.

^ though it's main purpose is to discuss this community support related issues, recently support staff started voluntary help thru it ..
anyway, if you like, I can check the issue with temporary admin access ..
Okay, I was just uncomfortable making that post if it was going against their rules anyway. I will PM you.
Solved