MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: People ripping my theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently someone has ripped my exclusive theme to which I own the rights to and have made minor color edits to make it appear slightly differnet.

What I can I do?

Thanks
I'd like to clarify:

This is my site: http://mybbaddict.com
This is his site: http://cybertechforums.com/

There is, without a doubt, a resemblance. I moved my logo/menu outside of the container, and gave the container a high border radius with lots of padding. Nothing was copied from his theme and nothing will ever be copied from his theme. Why would I create a MyBB Themes forum and copy a theme? It is counter-productive.

Resemblance is not grounds for any legal action. The websites have different niches, color schemes, plugins, domains, and most importantly: the theme itself. Nothing is the same except the placement of some things. BleepyEvans is a good designer, but is very clear he is upset my forum looks slightly similar to his. I understand the frustration that can come from this, and if I had made my theme (yes, it is my theme) with the intention of copying his I'd acquiesce to his demands in seconds. But that is not the case and I will not modify my theme to make you happy.

He has reported me to my host, but I can bet nothing will come of it. Not one piece of code is the same. And even there was one little piece of code the same, yes it would be wrong for me to do, but would still not be grounds for any penalization.

Sorry.
All I asked was you to admit that you copied some aspects of theme, and that was it. The fact that you couldnt accept that fact that you had been caught out shocked me.

Errors I have made in my CSS appear in yours, selectors that appear in my theme and not yours appear in your global, why?

Just say you copied some parts of my theme, whether it be the layout or the styling and ill be happy. And ill forget about it.
You now deliberately modified your global.css to match mine, it even reflected in your theme's design. I changed my container width to an odd number just in case you did this...and wow would you look at that. Your 87% width matches mine.

I won't admit I stole anything because I did not. You want me to cave because you know my host, and this forum, would be on my side. You have stooped to low levels.
Stop arguing over a couple of css edits, dont be such a bunch of little babies, whos cares ?
(2012-02-13, 02:13 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Stop arguing over a couple of css edits, dont be such a bunch of little babies, whos cares ?

He posted on my forum about it, threatening to have my website shut done over "a couple of css edits."
I havent changed anything in my global for about 3 days now. If there is somesort of record then you can check. I dont know.

Im not saying you stole, im just saying that you saw an idea, you liked it and you used it on your forum. Fine, thats great you liked my theme, im happy. Im just saying there are parts of your theme that are exactly like mine. There are errors ive made in mine, that appear in yours in exactly the same places and I will refuse to fix them on mine until you notice it.

I dont see whats so hard to accept to be honest. Be professional about things. Please
I'm done playing childish games. You are changing your story left and right.

Good luck with your forum.
They're different themes.
They are now, the owner has started to change things around.
Just a few stylings were used from my theme to his, that is all.
Ive dropped this issue, all is done.