MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ask for Login but not Accepting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When i login to my admin panel, it accepts the password and goes to admin panel, but when i click on any tab inside the admin panel it again ask for user name and password, there it does not accept the password.
I have the same issue..

1.. I cannot log out as a user.
2.. I cannot log into admin CP because I click anything inside admin CP I am asked for username and password over and over..

Step 1 - I login to the Admin CP

[Image: normal_MyBB-Pic1.jpg]

Full size image here

Step 2 - If I click anything in the admin CP I get...

[Image: normal_MyBB-Pic2.jpg]

Full size image here

I cant get past the username and password requestor.

I have tried the cookie thing at http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
Its all set as stated. I have cleared my browser cookie cache as stated.

This is a new installation of mybb v1.6.6
Site http://cwgaming.net/Board/index.php
What are your cookie settings set to?
Your cookie settings are incorrect - http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
That does not help I been to that thread , checked cookies they are as stated in that thread.

Or are you refering to something other than my browser ? in which case some other information would be helpfull

Cookie settings (As stated)

[Image: normal_CookieSettings.jpg]

Full size image here

If this is not what you mean and I have to edit MyBB in some way, how ?, more information is needed. I want to change from phpbb, but this is not looking promising.
he means your cookie settings in the mybb admin panel -_-

login to admin control panel
goto configuration (yes i know you may be logged out just log back in and your should redirect to the config page)

general configuration (again log back in)

goto your cookie domain and set it to .cwgaming.net/Forum

and set your cookie path to /Forum
Thats the issue though aint it, its not possible to get to the admin panel, because of the password requests that wont stop. If I cant get to the admin panel I cant alter cookie settings there.

So after a bit of fiddling I did it with filezilla and FTP, but it shouldnt have to be like this, I'm a coder and a have some understanding of these things, but many wont.

The thread that was quoted is NOT very clear especially for beginners, and besides the installation of MyBB should put the correct information where it is required, it seems to me the installer is bugged, I installed from softilicious - It should install correctly and NOT require editiing as many dont have the skills or understanding of how to do this. Still I have fixed my problem. But please make the solution clearer or fix the installer.
The thread is perfectly clear, I can't see how it could possibly be any clearer.

If you had read that thread you would have known that your cookies were not set as it describes and it also describes how to set them without ACP access.

The installer does provide the correct cookie settings in 99% of cases, it's usually when someone changes things that they don't understand that these problems arise.

Having said that there seems to be a number of issues with the Softilicious MyBB installer, I'd advise installing the good ole fashioned way.
(2012-02-13, 03:48 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]The thread is perfectly clear, I can't see how it could possibly be any clearer.

If you had read that thread you would have known that your cookies were not set as it describes and it also describes how to set them without ACP access.

The installer does provide the correct cookie settings in 99% of cases, it's usually when someone changes things that they don't understand that these problems arise.

Having said that there seems to be a number of issues with the Softilicious MyBB installer, I'd advise installing the good ole fashioned way.

The thread is not clear at all, If you would like to know how to make it more clear, perhaps asking would provide you an answer. Please don't imply I didnt read the thread as I did, in fact a number of times, and unless you understand where to to edit the cookies settings it is NOT CLEAR! - Until the end of the thread NOT at the beginning where it tells you to edit them. Its obviously clear to you as you understand it, jeeesh, support with an attitude and for the record I did nothing except wait for my admin login to time out. The only way I got to grips with what I was supposed to do was by searching for RELEVANT information ....

"
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/mybb16/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";
"

Supplied by a reply to the thread by Kervelling, without that I would still be asking questions now

1 Mention that they are NOT browser cookies.

2 Mention you will have to access the site via FTP at the beginning.

3 Dont put information in the middle about setting CHMOD to 666 within a settings.php file when there is not such settings within that file (None that I could find anyways)

If you honestly dont find that thread confusing, then I suggest you get some people other than staff to read it and make sure they understand, NOT assume everyone who has just installed your software will understand.
I thought it was perfectly clear, I referred to it myself when I first started using MyBB, before I was staff. Looking at it again I can see how some of it could be improved. I've added some of your suggestions into the thread and rearranged it slightly so that it's even clearer.
Pages: 1 2