MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP IDE for Netbooks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I have a netbook and looking for a PHP IDE. I already have a text editor. Now want to use an IDE. Can you all please recommend me a php IDE that can work on netbook as well.

Thank you
I would assume NuSphere PHP IDE would work on a netbook Smile its my favourite Smile
Well do you use it on a netbook?
(2012-02-13, 12:30 PM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]Well do you use it on a netbook?

No, I use it on a PC, but i dont see how using on a netbook would make much difference Smile

PS: looking on StackOverflow it seems somebody is using it on a netbook, and only complains that it doesn't have JS hinting Smile
Oh....that's nice. I guess using Netbrans and Eclipse also won't make any difference.
No, as long as the netbook is running windows any IDE should work Smile Unless the netbook has a really low spec Smile

Try a free IDE to begin with, to make sure it'll actually run on your system before buying one though Smile
Eclipse eats memory like there's no tomorrow, just warning you. It might not be very well suited to a netbook.
Ohk...Thanks...Will try Netbeans then.

And yes Windows 7 starter came installed.

My netbok have 250GB HDD, 1GB ram and N570 atom processor.

It should work I guess.
Netbeans also eats through memory, 1GB of RAM probably won't be enough..
Netbeans is my IDE of choice too, and I did use it on my netbook when I had one, though I found it very difficult to work on code with such a small screen so I sold it and got a 13" laptop.

If you need to work on a netbook for any significant period of time I'd just get an external monitor (or borrow one from another computer if you're at uni).

I didn't notice any performance issues on my netbook running Netbeans, but I did run XP at that time and I had 2gb of ram.
Pages: 1 2