MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to modify formatted variables?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to change the CSS of the profile page. So how do I change the properties of variable "{$formattedname}"

In the site {$formattedname} is replace by

<span style="color: green;"><strong><em>Username</em></strong></span>

I want to remove all these attributes. So, is there any other way to get the username of the respective profile other than {$formattedname} variable?

Abhinav
I could not get what exactly you want to change - may be you can wrap {$formattedname} with a div / span & try adding required css ...
I actually want to remove that green color and I tried wrapping it but the wrapping gets overridden.
Is there a variable which has the username without any formatting?

You can check out the source code of the profile page http://madfuse.com/mybb/member.php?action=profile&uid=1
:oops: I had not seen the edited part of the topic ... that formatted color comes from group settings

admin panel --> users & groups --> groups --> administrators --> edit user group --> Username Style

<span style="color: green;"><strong><em>{username}</em></strong></span>

change above as required OR make it similar to <span class="admin">{username}</span> AND add required css style
Thank you very much! That solved the problem! Smile