MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: notify of changes to tos or rules, subscribe to events on the calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

1. not sure if you can do it already, but if you can't, i'd like to be given the option to notify all, or only certain user groups of changes to rules under certain categorys or the tos in general.
  2. it'd be rad if members could choose to subscribe to events on the calendar & then they get a mail the day, or even if they get to choose what time, before the event occurs
  3. i'm not sure if this is the correct place to request this, but a bridge with a q&a system would be rad, like OSQA for instance.
MyBB doesn't make offical bridges, it's up to a community member or the other project really. I don't see this as something a lot of people would use tbh.

The TOS/Rules update I support, although you can do the same thing with a Mass Email. *Thats what they provide their email on registration.

Calender and events... The calender system atm is pretty useless, and without us knowing what the devs have planned for it, (for that matter even including it.) changes a lot. Although if it is included, I hope your suggestion is aswell.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it's mybb that makes the bridges or who, you know. I though, "hey, might as well give it a shot". I'd dig a bridge to a q&a. If anyone reads this & ends up making one, lemme know please.

I know you can do the same thing with mass email, but typing every email from a list or even c&ping every email address from many places on your forum would be a drag. Wouldn't it be sweet if, in the editor, it had check boxes to notify "globally" or "blah blah user group1", or "..2", you know.

Personally I dig the calendar. I can think of quite a few uses for it & it adds some meat to the bones of mybb. Like I said in another thread about this topic, there's a reason mybb is winning (by a substantial margin) in the best free forums category on forum-software.org. Because it's not other forums & because it's rad.
(2012-02-14, 08:09 AM)antiother Wrote: [ -> ]I know you can do the same thing with mass email, but typing every email from a list or even c&ping every email address from many places on your forum would be a drag.

Mass email is only a 2 (3?) step process, where did you get the idea that you'd need to type them all in manually? Mass mail is quite sufficient imo for things like this. TOS aren't updated that frequently in most cases.

(2012-02-16, 03:50 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-14, 08:09 AM)antiother Wrote: [ -> ]I know you can do the same thing with mass email, but typing every email from a list or even c&ping every email address from many places on your forum would be a drag.

Mass email is only a 2 (3?) step process, where did you get the idea that you'd need to type them all in manually? Mass mail is quite sufficient imo for things like this. TOS aren't updated that frequently in most cases.

I think Mass Mail should be a 1-screen thing, though.
Quote:I think Mass Mail should be a 1-screen thing, though.

word, that's what i mean. like just check the boxes next to the user groups you wish to notify, click "notify" or something like that, & bam!! notified ^_^

the same with the calendar idea. check next to the events you wish to subscribe to, click subscribe, & bob's your uncle.
(2012-02-16, 06:49 AM)antiother Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I think Mass Mail should be a 1-screen thing, though.

word, that's what i mean. like just check the boxes next to the user groups you wish to notify, click "notify" or something like that, & bam!! notified ^_^

the same with the calendar idea. check next to the events you wish to subscribe to, click subscribe, & bob's your uncle.

lol. So, how should they be notified? Through, mail?? PM??

What's wrong with Mass mailing (you can also choose PM instead of mail in it) and enter a subject and content and select usergroups.

And you can just copy and paste the changed TOS in it too.
getting!!too??(complicated)/now. seriously, just some check boxes for the different user groups next to (or below) where you change the tos or rules to check & click a notify button to send an email to all users in the checked user groups with the changed tos & maybe a note from you.

& with the calendar idea you'd get an email, not a pm.
(2012-02-16, 09:23 AM)antiother Wrote: [ -> ]getting!!too??(complicated)/now. seriously, just some check boxes for the different user groups next to (or below) where you change the tos or rules to check & click a notify button to send an email to all users in the checked user groups with the changed tos & maybe a note from you.

& with the calendar idea you'd get an email, not a pm.

Most of the times, people make topics for TOS and rules. So i still don't see how this can be implemented.
Quote:So i still don't see how this can be implemented.

with the registration agreement & the category rules. there might be different rules for different categories depending on what the category is about.