MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded to 1.6.6 now template broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just done the upgrade to 1.6.6 from 1.6.5. After I had done it my The Cure template has gone up it.

It said a message about checking template changes. This makes no sense to me. I've been to that part of the admin panel and just have a load of files that have pink and green highlighted bits. What am I supposed to do with them???

I'm really confused. Sad

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm still learning.

Thanks in advance

Donna
-x-
...and if I click on "Diff Report" I get the following lines of code appear at the top of the page:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ar01ickl/public_html/forum/inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Renderer.php on line 103

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ar01ickl/public_html/forum/inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Renderer.php on line 123

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ar01ickl/public_html/forum/inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ar01ickl/public_html/forum/inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ar01ickl/public_html/forum/inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 126

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ar01ickl/public_html/forum/inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Engine/native.php on line 128
What do you mean by "template has gone up it"?

The upgrade doesn't affect any custom themes, only the master templates.
(2012-02-14, 11:36 AM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "template has gone up it"?

The upgrade doesn't affect any custom themes, only the master templates.

If you visit www.icklebits.co.uk/forum you will see what I mean. One minute it looked all purple and how it should but once I upgraded it changed to this.
...and I meant theme, not template..sorry
i have the same problem too...my problack theme was crashed...ive check the templates changes and revert it to origina...nothing happens so what i do is reinstall the theme again...
(2012-02-14, 11:39 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]i have the same problem too...my problack theme was crashed...ive check the templates changes and revert it to origina...nothing happens so what i do is reinstall the theme again...

...I thought of reverting back to original but I don't remember the changes I made to the templates and in the bits that are highlighted that I supposedly changed they don't look familiar. However a few lines seem to mention plug in names. Oh I hate change. Sad

It's looking at the wrong stylesheet. Could you post your Admin, FTP and cPanel login details in Private Inquiries so I can take a look and figure out what's happened?
(2012-02-14, 11:52 AM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]It's looking at the wrong stylesheet. Could you post your Admin, FTP and cPanel login details in Private Inquiries so I can take a look and figure out what's happened?

Have sent details. Thanks in advance

Donna
-x-

You just needed to go through the stylesheets and save them again, forcing them to be re-cached.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!! SmileSmileSmileSmile

(2012-02-14, 12:54 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]You just needed to go through the stylesheets and save them again, forcing them to be re-cached.

Argh! I thought it was fixed but it wasn't. I mean yes, the theme looks the same but all the modifications I'd done to the templates have gone. For example the thumbnails are no longer showing next to the thread title in the lists...I can't remember the others but I presume if that tweak has gone then so must the others. Sad