MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Problems since upgrade. Custom edits gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Earlier today I started the thread below:

Earlier thread

Somebody offered help and logged in and refreshed the templates or something.

Only just noticed but all my modifications to the templates (which is why they were showing as a problem since upgrade in the first place) have gone! I haven't written anything down so am now having to start again....

I'm confused as to what has changed.

For example. Before the update I was showing thumbnails in the list of threads after following these instructions: http://community.mybb.com/thread-47562.html

The forumdisplay.php file it says to edit no longer has the code in that it had before....Oh I'm so confused.

I doubt anyone can help because I'm not making much sense!

Sorry and please excuse my ignorance in all this. Sad
so you had template edits then upgraded MyBB which updated the base templates. instead of doing a DIFF report in the template editor, you just did a REVERT, which gets rid of your custom edits.

Next time, do a DIFF after running Find Updated Templates so you can add to your custom templates that new code in the base templates.

Hopefully that makes sense.

And unless you have a database backup or a theme export, you are stuck.
Edit : not seen above response ..

hmm., all edits are to be done again for the required changes in forum display system ...
I'd suggest to use patches plugin for edits in system core files ..
I didn't do anything to your templates, I didn't actually change anything - just saved the stylesheets without changing anything so that they were re-cached.

If you haven't reverted the templates yourself then they should still be intact, the upgrade only affects the master template set.
I am so confused. All I know is that this morning my website showed preview thumbnails next to the thread title in the thread list. I then did the upgrade and my website went funny. Then somebody offered help and after that the thumbnails disappeared.

I haven't reverted to anything. I checked the diff thing and they show up some green highlights and some pink highlights. None of that code looks familiar.

The only things I edited in template that I remember clearly was the thumbnail thing.

Please don't get frustrated with me, I'm on a learning curve.

thanks in advance

Donna
-x-

Further information: I did a theme export if that helps?

If it doesn't alter anything then why does it show pink and green highlighted things when I clicked "Find updated templates"?
^ the referred thumbnails showing on forumdisplay requires core file edit ..
Ah we're getting closer to sussing that bit then! Shy

So the things that changed were the upgrade...nothing I did since. Apologies to the person who helped me. I feel terrible now. Blush

I've gone back to the thread that showed me how to do thumbnails in the first place.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-47562.html

However, I can't see this bit in forumdisplay.php like I must have been able to before:

Quote:Open forumdisplay.php

Find
PHP Code:
else
{
$attachment_count = '';
}

Any ideas?

(Blimey I have a headache Sad )

I really appreciate all this by the way

Donna
-x-

^ if you are using notepad++ then that should be around line 1187 ...
(2012-02-14, 04:15 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ if you are using notepad++ then that should be around line 1187 ...

If I expand templates > Forum Display Templates > forumdisplay

This is all I have in the forumdisplay file.
Quote:<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$foruminfo['name']} </title>
{$headerinclude}
{$rssdiscovery}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$moderatedby}
{$rules}
{$usersbrowsing}
{$subforums}
{$threadslist}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

That's whats thrown me. I'm sure there was more to it than that before upgrade?! Or am I looking in the wrong place for the same file.

Thanks in advance

Donna
-x-
You need to look in forumdisplay.php (it's a file, not a template).

You'll need to access it via FTP or your control panel file manager.
Pages: 1 2