MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error creating Custom Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just freshly installed MyBB version 1.6.6 (1606) on my shared hosting server (Directnic hosting with cPanel)... all seems okay, but when I try to create a new Custom Group, I get this error message (below).

This is a completely fresh install (not an upgrade, and no modifications or plugins added yet). Also, I've FTPed into my server and it looks like there is no such file as mbb_usergroups.

Searched all over, can't find answer anywhere. Can anyone help?

Here's the error code:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'cansendemailoverride' in 'field list'
Query:
INSERT INTO mbb_usergroups (type,title,description,namestyle,usertitle,stars,starimage,disporder,isbannedgroup,canview,canviewthreads,canviewprofiles,candlattachments,canpostthreads,canpostreplys,canpostattachments,canratethreads,caneditposts,candeleteposts,candeletethreads,caneditattachments,canpostpolls,canvotepolls,canundovotes,canusepms,cansendpms,cantrackpms,candenypmreceipts,pmquota,maxpmrecipients,cansendemail,cansendemailoverride,maxemails,canviewmemberlist,canviewcalendar,canaddevents,canbypasseventmod,canmoderateevents,canviewonline,canviewwolinvis,canviewonlineips,cancp,issupermod,cansearch,canusercp,canuploadavatars,canratemembers,canchangename,showforumteam,usereputationsystem,cangivereputations,reputationpower,maxreputationsday,maxreputationsperuser,maxreputationsperthread,candisplaygroup,attachquota,cancustomtitle,canwarnusers,canreceivewarnings,maxwarningsday,canmodcp,showinbirthdaylist,canoverridepm,canusesig,canusesigxposts,signofollow) VALUES ('2','Master Members','','{username}','','0','images/star.gif','0','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','0','1','1','1','1','100','5','1','0','4','1','1','1','0','0','1','0','0','0','0','1','1','1','1','0','0','1','1','1','5','5','5','0','5000','0','0','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0')]

Note, on the formatting, the actual error code (after the "INSERT INTO" portion) goes off the page (it's all on one line). (not that this matters).

Just wanted to add that this is a completely fresh install (no modifications or plugins added yet).

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Okay, I figured this out.

The problem was that the cansendemailoverride column was not created inside the mbb_usergroups file.

So, here's how I solved the issue (I hope this is okay):

went to PhpMyadmin tool in cPanel, then clicked the db at the left side of the screen, where the tables are shown. Then clicked the table name (mbb_usergroups) at the left side of the screen. This then shows all columns of the table displayed at right hand side of screen....

Below the column display there is a row for you to add a column. I added a new column called cansendemailoverride with the following field entries:

TYPE: INT
Length/Values: 1
Default: None

Left all other field entries as-is, then clicked on SAVE.

Now, adding a Custom Forum works fine.

Do you think I created any security issues by doing this or should I be okay?

The fact is, you shouldn't have that field. It wasn't added in 1.6.6.

See http://blog.mybb.com/2012/02/14/problems...e-package/ for more information.
I had the same error, the column is related to the 'Send emails to users even if in ignore list' setting.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-113425.html

I just created a new column as a temporary fix.

-

@Nathan, thanks for the link, I have tonnes of 'Changed' files.