MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is it possible to change 1 or 2 words in the dictionary i'm using??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm from south africa you see, & we use the same spelling as the uk dictionary but mybb comes default with an american dictionary & i don't want to have to install another dictionary just for 2 or 3 words. plus i've written quite a lot of <span class="blah blah"> tags in between the language variables & i don't want to have to do that over. is there some way to change a few words in the dictionary?? like "color" for instance should be spelled "colour".
bump ^_^
just edit the language files this can be done via acp or with a editor and reuploaded to the server.
However if the color you refer to, is from the css files this can not be changed, otherwise your theme will not display properly, but all the language classes can be edited, however if there is a chnge to a language file in a update you will need to re-edit the files.
rad for replying @adbrad ^_^ you might be misunderstanding me though. i would like to change the word "color" in the "engligh (american)" dictionary installed on my forum cuz in south africa we spell it "colour" (with a "u" after the second "o"), so that it doesn't show up as spelled wrong every time i write "colour"?? if possible i don't want to have to install a whole other dictionary though. if i do need to install another dictionary will my language variables remain the same?? cuz i wrote quite a bit of html in between them.