MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problems installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded mybb onto my mac. I used fetch to upload to my filemanager on bluehost. I can see all the files loaded. When i type in my website /mybb/install in my browser i don't get an installer screen.
thanks for any help
domain URL please ...
(2012-02-15, 06:36 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]domain URL please ...

Iyplace.com
Hosted on bluehost

Just Put up today so just loaded wordpress, my database etc
are you sure that all required folders & files exist in ./mybb/ folder ...
(2012-02-15, 07:25 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]are you sure that all required folders & files exist in ./mybb/ folder ...

downloaded from mybb, uploaded using ftp,
downloaded a second time, uploaded from second mybb download to a differently named mybb file. neither worked. no reason to think don't have all the files. compared webroot folder to my download folder and were same.
now what?
what files should i find in the install folder - i have images, resources, index.php, stylesheets.css,and upgrade.php
What's the URL to where you have the files placed now?
(2012-02-15, 09:21 PM)renee b Wrote: [ -> ]what files should i find in the install folder - i have images, resources, index.php, stylesheets.css,and upgrade.php

That is all that should be there.

(2012-02-15, 10:32 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]What's the URL to where you have the files placed now?

Yes, that would be helpful Big Grin