MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot reach signup page, member.php missing?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now I don't know how long this has been happening but it now makes sense why no one is registering to my forum, they cant get to the registration page! I click on the register tab, then click "I Agree" on the next page. After clicking that I can go no further, Chrome tells me:

This webpage is not available
The webpage at http://mcinformer.h4p.co/member.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

Here is a link to my forum, you can try it yourself but im am completely positive that that member.php is in the root directory, I checked and saw it there myself using Filezilla. What could be causing this web page confusion? It's really important this gets fixed ASAP!!!
Try re-uploading the member.php file, if that does not work, have you got a .htaccess file?
After trying in FireFox, I get the following:

FireFox Wrote:Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

So try a re-upload of member.php in BINARY mode.
(2012-02-15, 11:34 PM)megalogs Wrote: [ -> ]Try re-uploading the member.php file, if that does not work, have you got a .htaccess file?
After trying in FireFox, I get the following:

FireFox Wrote:Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

So try a re-upload of member.php in BINARY mode.

I uploaded a fresh member.php in binary mode from the mybb installation rar and nothing has changed. Yes I do have a .htaccess, below is what is in it.

RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://mcinformer.h4p.co/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^f-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^t-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^a-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^c-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^e-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php
so know one knows, this is a big issue!!! not even the spammer seem to know lol
are you using GZip compression and is it set high ? ( normal value is 4 OR 5 )
admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> Server and Optimization Options --> Use GZip Page Compression?
(2012-02-16, 06:49 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]are you using GZip compression and is it set high ? ( normal value is 4 OR 5 )
admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> Server and Optimization Options --> Use GZip Page Compression?

I am using the gzip compression and it is set to 5. I turned the compression off and the page works! But is Gzip seems important and very useful, anyway I can have Gzip running and still solve this issue?
^ try GZip level at 4 OR 3 and check member registration (you need not log out as admin to check) - it should not give any problem ...
(2012-02-16, 04:08 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ try GZip level at 4 OR 3 and check member registration (you need not log out as admin to check) - it should not give any problem ...

None of the compression levels allow the page to load, only after turning it off does it work.
^ hmm., that's strange - many use compression level 4 for GZip on MyBB ; not sure that you will be able to use it ...
(2012-02-16, 05:28 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ hmm., that's strange - many use compression level 4 for GZip on MyBB ; not sure that you will be able to use it ...

I guess that's ok, but is Gzip that important, that useful? Will I miss it if it is turned off?
Pages: 1 2