MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem on my Site for Apple Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My site has been creating problems for those visiting on a Mac OS or iOS operating system. It's happened on a laptop and my iPod alike when visiting the site. I simply do not know why this would be happening. I've asked users to try different browsers, etc. and nothing changes it.

Screenshot attached.

(2012-02-16, 07:35 AM)Cjanz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

My site has been creating problems for those visiting on a Mac OS or iOS operating system. It's happened on a laptop and my iPod alike when visiting the site. I simply do not know why this would be happening. I've asked users to try different browsers, etc. and nothing changes it.

Screenshot attached.

I does the same with Windows too ..... The problems appear to be due to screen size ... My 17 inch monitor displays the site correctly but my 8.5 inch screen does not .... the picture is too big for small screens to handle, to get around screen size issues design a theme with small screens in mind and put a link on your home page to change to your small screen theme
Alright, well that was another suspicion that I had (the small screen thing), but I also wondered if there was a way to constrain elements from doing that when loading on smaller screens? Not that I don't want my user to have options, but it would be much better than having them jump through hoops to get things looking right.
using a fluid width for the element such as 80% could work in the theme.

not sure what template it is though
(2012-02-16, 05:46 PM)Cjanz Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, well that was another suspicion that I had (the small screen thing), but I also wondered if there was a way to constrain elements from doing that when loading on smaller screens? Not that I don't want my user to have options, but it would be much better than having them jump through hoops to get things looking right.

The small screen issue is down to the image size