MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Support Staff Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i am having trouble with a spoiler on my forum.

ranjani tried to help me but i don't want too give admin to a 'member'.

It's not that i dont trust him but, last time i did it.. they thought they would have a little fun with templates so..

I do not know what to tell you.. ranjani seems to be know more than me right now Toungue
This doesn't concern us very much... it's up to you who you trust or don't trust with admin powers.

Edit: At the time this post was made, it was in a different forum.
What is the exact issue? If you don't want to give out administrator information to a user, simply limit the administrator permissions or post a thread in private enquiries (where only staff may see threads as well as yourself).
Also, could you explain your "spoiler issue"?
well, the issue is spoiler code not working (original thread) ; thought it is a plugin conflict OR jQuery / java script conflict ...
used MyCode is a regular MyCode and verified to be working on a test board of MyBB 1.6.6 ..

As euantor wrote, you should limit the permissions on test admin account. ranjani is well trusted and that's why I appointed him on support team on my website.
What's the exact MyCode in use? Is there also a URL so I could take a look? I use the follwoing MyCode with no problems:

<div class="spoiler">
	<div class="spoilerTitle">
		Spoiler: &nbsp; <span onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = 'Show'; }">Show</span>
	</div>
	<div class="quotecontent">
		<div style="display: none;">$1</div>
	</div>
</div>
^ OP sent above exact code thru PM .. and it worked without any change ; test URL & test user account are at original thread ..
Thanks ranjani
Ok, checking it in Firebug, it's an error with the JS you're actually using. Try replacing it with the above code and see if it helps. The exact error is:

this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName("\u200Bdiv")[1] is undefined
Well, the test has limited admin powers so if you need a specific access to a section which is limited.. PM Me, thank you for all your replies.