MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smiley box next to quick reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I put the smiley box that appears on the new thread/new reply page next to the quick reply box?
I attached an image of what I mean. Also, how can I add my own smileys?
That requires a new function that addsmilie function doesn't work overthere, and for adding the box you need to add into showthread.php

$smilieinserter = makesmilieinsert(); 
before
eval("\$quickreply = \"".$templates->get("showthread_quickreply")."\";");

Then open the showthread_quickreply template, change the two colspans from 2 to 3 and add after
<td class="trow1"><textarea name="message" rows="7" cols="70" wrap="virtual" tabindex="1"></textarea></td>

this

<td class="trow1">$smilieinserter</td>

Now someone needs to write the function for adding the smileys into your quickreply box =P

------------------

And for adding smilies ==> ACP - Message Filters - Smilie Manager
Thanks. The function to add the smileys into the quick reply box, is it a hard thing to do?
My english is not vey good...

Can someone explain whats that ??

Then open the showthread_quickreply template, change the two colspans from 2 to 3 and add after

Code:

<td class="trow1"><textarea name="message" rows="7" cols="70" wrap="virtual" tabindex="1"></textarea></td>
In the showthread_quickreply template ( ACP - Templates (Modify/Delete) - Expand your templateset - Showthread Templates - showthread_quickreply ) you will find twice the code colspan="2" , you need to change that to colspan="3" , cause you are adding a new row for that smileybox.
Thank you
Seems great, but its not working... When i click smileys, nothing happens... Sad
CasTexx Wrote:Seems great, but its not working... When i click smileys, nothing happens... Sad

Thats what i told in the previous post =P

LeX- Wrote:That requires a new function that addsmilie function doesn't work overthere, and for adding the box you need to add into showthread.php
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Now someone needs to write the function for adding the smileys into your quickreply box =P
Yup.... Okay.
Any update to this. Can anyone write the code for the smileys to enter the quick reply box?