MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changes are not appearing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

whenever i logged in to my ACP and make some changes in the setting, the new settings are not appearing in the forum setting page(setting field) and it is displaying the old one only.

Please if anyone can help me in this issue.

Thank you.
it appears that settings.php file is not writable .. check it at tools & maintenance section of admin panel .. see also [Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
It says : All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings.
^ rename your settings.php file as settings_orig.php AND refresh your forum page on browser. do you get a new settings.php file in ./inc folder ..
The changes are taking effect after some time but not at that time
I’m having a similar problem upgrading from 1.6.5 to 1.6.6. When I login, the welcomeblock guest panel is still showing but I’m actually login. When I refresh the page then the welcomeblock member panel appears. And it’s just not with the login, it’s also with the logout, the screen stays on the welcomeblock member panel page even after refresh. The only way to show the guest panel page is to delete all the cookies and refresh the page. This only happens in the Firefox & Chrome browsers, IE is fine.

I have tried everything to rectify this issue but without any luck. I have never had this problem before upgrading.
Actually, it's starting to do it in Internet Explore as well, so annoying.
(2012-02-17, 01:56 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote: [ -> ]I’m having a similar problem upgrading from 1.6.5 to 1.6.6. When I login, the welcomeblock guest panel is still showing but I’m actually login. When I refresh the page then the welcomeblock member panel appears. And it’s just not with the login, it’s also with the logout, the screen stays on the welcomeblock member panel page even after refresh. The only way to show the guest panel page is to delete all the cookies and refresh the page. This only happens in the Firefox & Chrome browsers, IE is fine.

I have tried everything to rectify this issue but without any luck. I have never had this problem before upgrading.
Actually, it's starting to do it in Internet Explore as well, so annoying.
I sorted the problem out, I had to make some changers to the php.ini file. Toungue