MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck at upgrade login 1.6.4 to1.6.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I received the email warning about the 1.6.4 vulnerabilities so I downloaded the 1.6.6 and followed the instructions, while trying to upgrade, I am stuck at the "Please Login" and doesn't want to go any further.
  1. Uploaded the "upload" directory with the exclusion of "settings.php"
  2. Deleted the install lock
  3. Used the upgrade method at "forums/install/upgrade.php"

Then I put the admin login credentials, it returns back to the:
"Please Login

Please enter your username and password to begin the upgrade process. You must be a valid forum administrator to perform the upgrade."

When I enter a false username it gives a normal error. I am using Windows7 / FF 10.0.1 (also removed the myBB cookies) and also tried Internet Explorer. Gives same error.
any ideas?
first log into forum as administrator then try again upgrading. do you have admin directory renamed AND it is not in config.php file ...
I can't log in the forum after uploading the "1.6.6" files and overwriting the 1.6.4 files. The admin directory is the same name "admin" I didn't change anything. I previously upgraded from other version to 1.6.4 with no problems.
^ may be its better to seek help from support staff by posting the issue with your login credentials (admin panel , ftp & database) at private inquiries section ..
(2012-02-17, 11:56 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ may be its better to seek help from support staff by posting the issue with your login credentials (admin panel , ftp & database) at private inquiries section ..

It says it's not for support "THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR SUPPORT FOR YOUR FORUM"

The support team doesn't check this forum?
I uploaded 1.6.4 files again, there is something strange with the forums... I think I felt this login issues before i try to upgrade to 1.6.6 but i thought it was just the browser... I login into admin and when I try to do anything it asks me to enter my admin password again and gets stuck there!
^ well, recently support staff have been offering voluntary help thru the private inquiries section .. if you have a legit site AND
stuck with a serious issue then - I believe, no harm in requesting help thru that section .. OR you may PM me to check it ..
Yes I have a legit website.
I have found the problem and the answer:

It was a cookie problem as I was using the subdomain: "forums.website.com" instead of the one in the settings.php "www.website.com/forums"

When I used the "www.website.com/forums", the login was fine and i was able to upgrade and log into all the admin areas.

Thanks for your time to try and figure it out with me Smile