MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Design questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Site Url: http://www.fearthefayz.com/index.php

I have a few questions about my site before i let it go live and start promoting it.

1. How can I make the area at the top where the "Fear The Fayz" logo is bigger?

I want to add a bigger banner

2. How do I act tags to my forum that are related to the subject matter so that google and other bots will pick up on it.

3. On the right hand side where there is that big Audentio design advertisement, how do I add my own custom box right there with information in it?

For instance if I wanted to add a Box with a picture in it, how do i add it?

4. Is there a certain way to restrict members below a certain post count from accessing ajax chat?

thanks for your time
Can someone answer?
i would suggest you use some other theme than default.

1. The place where Fear The Fayz is written is navigation...don't enlarge it. Rather use a custom logo instead of mybb logo
2. tags? you mean keywords? or tags like in vBulletin
3. I see the default theme....check your settings. Others are seeing a different theme than you.
Anyway, You can edit that by going to ACP >>templates & styles >> templates >> current theme >> Footer >> edit template (i hope you're good with HTML)
4. idk. maybe....never heard tho
1. the height of the <div id="header"> is currently "height: 71px;" in the css. just make that bigger. you can also make the width on the #container bigger & if you really want to you can remove padding from the body although you only have 20px.

2. you don't need tags for google or most other search engines to "pick it up". google doesn't rely on meta tags & scans all the text on your forum. if you want to do something more about this, do some digging on SEO (search engine optimization). as far as i know, there are some plugins for mybb for this already.

3. i'm not sure how your templates look with that theme on, but if you can find the <div id="sidebar">, inserting your own script in there might work.

4. i'm not familliar with that plugin.

best wishes for your forum ^_^