MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Keep theme/template settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to keep all changes/settings even if you change themes/templates?
Settings aren't changed when you edit themes or templates.
What I meant is that if I change to a new template and/or new theme, how can I retain the settings/changes I did to the old ones?
Please be more specific. What exactly are you talking about?
Let's say I have template(1) and I change the way certain things work, like make it display user legend. Now I decide to change to template(2), how do I retain those changes from template(1)?
Any one else have any idea?
Still need help with this. Help is appreciated.
Anyone have any clue on this?
Do you mean like keeping the same template styles through different themes? Like say you're working on Theme A, where the primary colour is green, and you want to make Theme B with a different colour scheme, but you want the layout of the pages to look the same?

If that is the case, simply use the same template set for two different themes =3 I believe there is an option during theme creation (I apologize for some lack of specifics... my admin panel is currently down so I can't check for the exact steps) where you select what template set you wish you use. Simply select Template Set 1 for both Theme A and Theme B, and then any changes yo make to Template Set 1 will be reflected in both themes.

If that isn't what you were looking for I apologize ^^;;;