MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I determine performance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure how accurate that is, I don't think it would be able to do anything if it had 15 million websites on it, that's a bit higher than the number there usually is... check I did said 506 site which is far more realistic.
Well that is WHOIS Lookup so i don't think you can get more accurate than that? also, 506 is rather low for shared hosting
One of my servers only has 293 sites on it, some others have less than that. But if you think this server has 15 million websites on it, then OK Smile

jferristx, why don't you ask your host about the 15 million websites hosted on your server and why there's so many, and see what they say about it Smile
I'm just going with what WHOIS so i prefer it if you didnt make your posts make it sound like i am mentally retarded. Thank You.

You have 293 sites on a personal vps or dedi or you have hosting on shared with 293 on the hosts server?
A shared server I use has 293 other sites on it according to the checker I used. The same checker said this user's server has 506 other sites on it. There's been other cases on here where it's turned out there's been a few thousand other sites on a server and that's been considered an extreme amount. Whatever said there were 15 million other sites on a single server was inaccurate, if you don't believe me when I say that maybe you will if somebody else responds to this thread.
Thanks, now I have some data (whether it is 506 or 15million) to complain about. I'm going to check it much later tonite to see if the performance is better. Was going to check it from work today, but a storm blew through, surged through my Belkin battery backup/surge protector, and blew out BOTH redundant power supplies on our server. So, I was a bit busy. It didn't help the damn thing was configured to do DHCP (instead of the Cisco gear doing it) so we had no internet connection until the server was fixed. I bit too busy today to deal with the BB.

As for the question for amount of users: We are a community garden non-profit. So, we have about 40 gardeners, maybe 20 non-gardener members, and we're hosted on NING at the moment. They are raising their prices and not responsive to small fry like us. So, we need a simple host and something like this BB. I'd love to see 100 regular users within a year. So I guess we're a micro-site. We just need a easy to use place to exchange information that offers email notices when new posts/replies, see if someone read a post, and ability to send emails as needed to all members. This seemed to be the easiest product to use. But the performance is killing it. I'll start with the host and I'll check if it is ISP related. I don't think it is ISP, we have similar problems from a different office, but yes, I need to check off each box as we troubleshoot this.
Real thing we need though is the debug stats from the fotter of the forum, that has details like the load etc that will be useful as well.
it would be better if he clicked advanced details..
This is the results of going into the forum this morning. I made no changes on my end (computer or forums) and performance is significantly better. Here's the info from the footer.
Generated in 0.2668300 seconds (94.36% PHP / 5.64% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 11 / Global Parsing Time: 0.2071049 / Memory Usage: 3.25 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: Unknown / GZip Compression: Enabled

This was after bouncing around some settings and returning to the forum home page. If I could get this performance all the time, I'd be thrilled.
(2012-02-19, 12:49 PM)AlliedManiac Wrote: [ -> ]it would be better if he clicked advanced details..

That shows a lot of information about all the queries that were run and all the templates that were loaded that we don't really need right now, pretty much everything that's at the top of the advanced debug page, which is what we need, is in the forum footer anyway.

(2012-02-19, 01:30 PM)jferristx Wrote: [ -> ]This is the results of going into the forum this morning. I made no changes on my end (computer or forums) and performance is significantly better. Here's the info from the footer.
Generated in 0.2668300 seconds (94.36% PHP / 5.64% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 11 / Global Parsing Time: 0.2071049 / Memory Usage: 3.25 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: Unknown / GZip Compression: Enabled

This was after bouncing around some settings and returning to the forum home page. If I could get this performance all the time, I'd be thrilled.

Well, if performance has suddenly improved without you doing anything that would also prove the problem was something to do with the host. The MyBB code didn't change between when it was slow and when it was quick, whereas the load on the server could have done.
Pages: 1 2