MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display a board msg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want a plugin that will display a board msg below the header picture like here...I heard from someone that the board messages plugin needs some modification, so without that is there any other plugin to serve my purpose?

Pls give me the link if possible.
if you like using Board Messages plugin then it is a simple code editing to make it work for recent versions of MyBB ; see 1 , 2
If you want a news bar like the one that is here on mybb.com follow the next steps.

1. Go to Admin CP >> Templates & Styles >> Themes >> Your theme >> global.css >> Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode and at the end of the file add this code
.newsbar {
	background: #D6ECA6;
	border-top: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	border-bottom: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	text-align: center;
	margin: 10px auto;
	padding: 5px 20px;
	font-weight: bold;
}

2. now go to to Templates & Styles >> Templates >> Your Theme >> Header Templates >> header and at the end add this code
<p class="newsbar">Your text here</p>

now you will have a news bar like the one from mybb.com in every page.

hope it works.
(2012-02-18, 09:11 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]if you like using Board Messages plugin then it is a simple code editing to make it work for recent versions of MyBB ; see 1 , 2

1 - I'm unable to figure out *expand your template set* --> Index Page Templates --> index, where exactly is that?
^ admin panel --> (quick access menu at left side) --> Templates --> (I assume that you are using MyBB's default theme)
Default Templates <-- (click on it so that it expands) --> Index Page Templates --> Index

(2012-02-18, 10:27 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ admin panel --> (quick access menu at left side) --> Templates --> (I assume that you are using MyBB's default theme)
Default Templates <-- (click on it so that it expands) --> Index Page Templates --> Index

thanks all....Smile