MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to restrict the guest user ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, This my first post.

Well I'm running a small forum not that popular yet any way what I want to do is restrict guests from viewing some forums.

And I want to give them a message saying "To see or download please login or register".

How can I do that is there a mod or a script please help.
restricting guests to certain forums is forums specific permissions for the groups (see [wiki]Admin_CP_Forum_Management#Permissions[/wiki])

for global restrictions, you can try Guest's Can't View Threads , Max Post Views Guest , Hidden Posts To Guest , Disable Guests ...
(2012-02-18, 06:43 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]restricting guests to certain forums is forums specific permissions for the groups (see [wiki]Admin_CP_Forum_Management#Permissions[/wiki])

for global restrictions, you can try Guest's Can't View Threads , Max Post Views Guest , Hidden Posts To Guest , Disable Guests ...

Thank you very much for the reply but I tried this it doesn't give me what I want. I just want to restrict them but they'll be able to see what in the forums once they click on the thread heading to go in they'll get a message saying that "Guest have to register to see"
^ Guest's Can't View Threads should work for above requirement ..
(2012-02-19, 06:37 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ Guest's Can't View Threads should work for above requirement ..

Thx for your help but after lot of googling I found this and a very good place to find plugins as well.

If interested heres the link
^ hmm., Sorry to say that some of the plugins from above forum have incorrect codes ...
(2012-02-20, 08:03 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ hmm., Sorry to say that some of the plugins from above forum have incorrect codes ...

May be but I found the plug in I was looking for it actually works without any issue.